Thursday, October 30, 2008

Where's he friend Ava?

The other day Ava went off to her bestest little friend, Cassia's house to play for the morning. Poor Nathan followed me around all morning whining, banging me with his head and generally driving me crazy. I was trying to make Halloween costumes and they were not working for me so I wasn't in the greatest mood. I kept trying to shake him off but keep him quiet cause Lias was sleeping. Needless to say, we were not having a fun morning at all.

I finally sat down on the couch to try to hand stitch some of the dang costumes and started watching Baby Einstein with him. If anyone knows Nathan, they know he is addicted to Baby Einstein and has been since he was like 6 months. It's the only thing he'll actually pay attention to, even for hours if you put it on the continuous loop setting (this is a common occurance around here about 4:30 while I'm trying to make dinner). Lucky for us he also gives a running commentary of the show. Pretty soon this picture came up:



Nathan turned to me and in the most pitiful little boy voice said:

"Oh, where's he friend Ava? He needs he friend Ava"

And all the sudden I knew exactly how poor little Nathan was feeling, in a way only a 2 yr old can tell you. He was so lonely and sad that Ava had left him that morning and was so sad for this poor penguin who's friend Ava had obviously left him all alone that morning too.


Watching these two play together lately is pretty amusing yet touching. Ava has introduced Nathan into make believe and it's been so fun to watch them run around pretending there are helicopters after them or scary giraffes in the next room. They really do like each other most of the time and it's so sweet to watch the way Nathan adores Ava.


Ava kissing Nathan at the hospital


Valentines Day 2007


Father's Day 2007



Friends in the Goat Pen - Spring 2008

Here's to hoping Ava's always Nathan's friend. And wish me luck when Ava goes off to school next fall.

4 comments:

  1. That is just so cute!! What an adorable little brood you're raising Lynnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a sweet boy. I miss he and he friend Ava...and sweetie Lias, too. Come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynnie that was such a cute post. I hope you print off your blog into a book once or twice a year so you can keep all these memories. I love the updates!

    ReplyDelete