Sunday, November 16, 2008

My numero uno hombre - Juan-

So I've been tagged way too many times to tell but never done one. But since I'd like this stuff to be know to my kids someday and since John never really reads this and since it's already 10:37 and I should be in bed, here I go.

What's your husband's name? John Nathan Genho

How long have you been married? 6 years and something

How long did you date? I swore I'd never do the whole BYU thing and get married quick but we only dated for 4 months before we were engaged and then married 4 months after that (but we pretty much talked marriage from the get go)

How old is he? 29 (but when I get as old as him someday - he always tells me this cause he's a year older and there's no way while he's alive that I'll get as old as him)

Who eats more sweets?ME. He goes on all kinds of kicks - his latest is he's not gonna eat cold cereal at night anymore so he's making some very interesting concoctions of herbal tea. barf. he can hold his own on road trips though when he goes through like 66 oz of Diet Dr Pepper and bags of chips.

Who said "I Love You" first? Him and it took me awhile to say it back cause I didn't want to just be a copy cat. He's still the first to say it too. Maybe I should go wake him up and tell him now.

Who is taller? With or without boots on? John's 6 ft and I'm only 5' 10 but we're all out of wack cause he's got a long torso and I've got long legs.

Who is smarter? John's a genius and I'm glad cause I can't be bothered to think about things more complex than how to change a diaper.

Who does the laundry? Me and sometimes Ava helps for 2 minutes but then gives up. Sometimes John hangs up his own work shirts if I'm obessely pregnant but usually I get to do most of the laundry. He does the dishes a ton though and lately he's been sweeping the floor and then telling me I need to do it more often. Heck, if he's gonna do it then why would I?

Who pays the bills? What bills? Seriously, this dude provides.... his job pays every utility and bill except our cell phone, which doesn't even get coverage at our house so we don't use it but randomly.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Him - looking at the bed.

Does he snore? Nope and I'm dang glad or we'd have issues.

What does he do in his spare time? Play his gee-tar for the kids, hunt for pee-cauns with the kids, cook with the kids, make furniture for the kids... do you see a theme here? He's an awesome dad and I get jealouse sometimes that the kids love him so much. Oh, and he's a really good 1st counselor in the Young Mens so he plans tons of cool activities (I don't think camping usually involves projector TVs and sleeping in a barn) and then spends lots of time with the boys. I'm jealous but I'm working on it.

Who mows the lawn? Larry - like I said, John's job hooks us up. We have a lawn guy that runs over our kids toys and wakes us up early on Monday mornings. But we love him and hopefully he keeps "cut gas" as Nathan puts it, for many more years (he's like 75 years old)

What is his favorite candy bar? Butterfingers. I think, at least that's what I always buy him for his birthday and Christmas stocking

Who cooks dinner? I attempt most nights but hate, hate, hate making dinner. John is great and love, love, loves to cook so any chance he gets he does. Most weekends aren't complete unless he's made a few different delectable things to eat. Last week I slept in and woke to him and the kids making, not 1, not 2 but 3 different types of pie just cause he wanted to. Then we ate them all. Yum.

Who drives? Hee, hee, ho, ho - Um, we're working on this one. Usually John. Sometimes we have words cause I want to and then he thinks I'm getting on some woman power kick and then I let him know I just don't want to deal with the kids and then he realizes he doesn't want to deal with the kids ether and then....he's really good about taking turns though.

Who is the first to say they are wrong? John, all the time. I wonder why he puts up with me?

Who kissed who first? John kissed me but I really didn't think he was going to until suddenly we were really close and I was thought, "this guy is gonna kiss me!" and we didn't stop for quite a while

Who asked who out first? Does a trip to Walmart count? Cause he called me and wanted to know what I was doing that night and I told him going shopping for food so he tagged along. And then we both bought all the wrong things cause we were so flustered with each other.

Who wears the pants? I like to think it's me, but the truth is he has the last word. (thanks Kristen)

Does he say he loves you every day? And kisses me goodbye each morning and each night (and each time) he comes home. I'm very lucky to have him and I wouldn't sell him for anything.

Do I get to tag people now? Like I mentioned, I've never actually done one of these. But if so- here goes : Sarah, Chels, Shari and Leanne (get a blog!)

4 comments:

  1. cute lynnie. it almost makes me want to get married ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. coolio! ok, Ill do it ... eventually! Dave laughed while reading this! I am YOU when it comes to driving. When I drive I dont have to deal with the kids!!! And Dave's comment when he finished ..."wish we lived close to them"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'm going to tell Ron that he has some TOUGH competition for the "Husband of the Year" award! I thought that I had it good...but Ron has never made PIES for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to read about John. Your kids are adorable too Lynnie! I miss Virginia after looking at your pictures. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete